Vintage Computing and Gaming Forum
November 29, 2014, 03:26:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't be afraid to reply to old topics.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cottonwood & Borderline BBSs & website - temporary closure  (Read 3823 times)
wiskow
Regular Tinkerer

« on: May 20, 2009, 10:01:59 PM »

As many of you already know, I'm in the U.S. navy, and I'm currently stationed in California where I work with TV broadcasting for the military.  I've just been informed that I'll be getting sent to Afghanistan on a temporary assignment to work at the receiving end of the TV signals that we send out from here.  I'll be leaving on 7 June, and I won't be back until 14 February 2010.  As a result of this, both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs, as well as the Cottonwood website, the ACUG website, and my personal website, will all be offline while I'm away.  I'll be shutting everything down on 5 June.  But, 8 months later, when I get back, everything will be back up and running again.  I'm very grateful for everyone's support, and I look forward to catching up on things in the "Commodore world" upon my return next year.

t3hfr3ak
Champion Hack

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 12:03:24 AM »

I wish you the best of luck.

RedWolf
Administrator
Woz's Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 02:12:21 PM »

As many of you already know, I'm in the U.S. navy, and I'm currently stationed in California where I work with TV broadcasting for the military.  I've just been informed that I'll be getting sent to Afghanistan on a temporary assignment to work at the receiving end of the TV signals that we send out from here.  I'll be leaving on 7 June, and I won't be back until 14 February 2010.  As a result of this, both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs, as well as the Cottonwood website, the ACUG website, and my personal website, will all be offline while I'm away.  I'll be shutting everything down on 5 June.  But, 8 months later, when I get back, everything will be back up and running again.  I'm very grateful for everyone's support, and I look forward to catching up on things in the "Commodore world" upon my return next year.

Thanks for letting us know.  I look forward to your safe return, and the return of Cottonwood once again.  Please let us know when you get back.

Benj

Editor in Chief
Vintage Computing and Gaming
http://www.vintagecomputing.com
wiskow
Regular Tinkerer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 03:19:43 AM »

Just a quick update...  I've managed to find an alternate location to host my web pages, so those will all remain up and running while I'm away.  I've already moved them, and everything seems to be running smoothly.  I added a notice to the top of the main page about the BBSs being down while I'm gone.

wiskow
Regular Tinkerer

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 08:20:05 PM »

As of today, 10 January 2010, both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs are back up and running.  Thank you everyone for your support while I was away, and I hope you'll all continue to give your support by calling my boards.  Smiley

Call Borderline BBS at +1 (951)242-3593.

"Call" Cottonwood BBS at cottonwood.servebbs.com:6400.

Old Tech...  Still alive and well in 2010!

RedWolf
Administrator
Woz's Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 06:49:35 PM »

As of today, 10 January 2010, both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs are back up and running.  Thank you everyone for your support while I was away, and I hope you'll all continue to give your support by calling my boards.  Smiley

Call Borderline BBS at +1 (951)242-3593.

"Call" Cottonwood BBS at cottonwood.servebbs.com:6400.

Old Tech...  Still alive and well in 2010!

Excellent news, Wiskow!  Glad you're back online.

Editor in Chief
Vintage Computing and Gaming
http://www.vintagecomputing.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: